Phew! May ended on a great note and saved what was a battle of a month from start to finish. With nine wins out of thirteen picks, the final month's tally ended up looking much better. And if the two late, West Coast games hadn't been losses, it could have been even better. Takahashi had nothing for the Mets who were bombed and young Mr. Fister for Seattle was knocked around a bit too. But that Pirate pick sure was brilliant, eh? Even the Game of the Day feature ended the month on a two game winning streak. So now we go into the month of June and questions abound. Will the Red Sox make a push? Will the Bay Rays fade? Can the Dodgers and Rockies overtake the Padres? Can the Braves stay ahead of the Phillies? It's going to be great fun.
So let's kick the month off will a full slate of games for Tuesday:
- The Cubs over the Pirates: Lilly will easily be better than Karstens.
- The Indians over the Tigers: In an upset, Westbrook out pitches Bonderman and the Indians beat the reeling Tigers.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: This pick could be problematic. Jeter will probably sit as his hamstring tightened up yesterday. Vazquez is pitching at home which hasn't gone well so far this year. But it is the Orioles after all.
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: Don't think Tallet will have answers against the Bay Rays' line up.
- The Braves over the Phillies: The Braves are seriously kicking butt. Hudson over Hamels.
- The Marlins over the Brewers: Nolasco versus Bush shouldn't be close.
- The Red Sox over the Athletics: The A's handled the Tigers really well, but the Red Sox are not the Tigers.
- The Nationals over the Astros: Stammen versus Myers, who has been decent. The Nationals just have a much better offense.
- The Royals over the Angels: In a weird season, Joel Pineiro has been alternately good and evil. Last time out was good, so this one will be evil.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: Buehrle was pretty good last time out but the Rangers should squeak by in this one.
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Cueto has been very good over his last four starts. He'll have to be great for the Reds to win this one. The Cardinals counter with Walters who has been a nice story thus far.
- The Mets over the Padres: The Padres will be exhausted after scoring 18 runs yesterday. Pelfrey will shut them down.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Despite Haran, the Dodgers win with Ely.
- The Giants over the Rockies: Zito bamboozles the Rockies' free swingers.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Twins over the Mariners: The Twins jump all over Vargas.
Mays' final tally: 218-206
Games of the Day: 22-23