Well, it was a good day, but just an okay, good day. The Game of the Day was a bust as the Cubs jumped all over Roy Halladay and thumped the Phillies. The Reds lost a 1-0 heart breaker. The Pirates again pounded the Astros. The Twins won a thrilling game over the White Sox. The Diamondbacks were, admittedly, a stupid pick. The one game that seemed the most bizarre was the Boston - Rangers game. This Fan had picked Jon Lester to win and he certainly pitched well enough to win. But his team played awful behind him. Narva, the feelgood player for the Red Sox, misplayed two balls in left field. Youkilis made a fielding mistake and everything seemed to go against Lester, including a wonderfully pitched game by Colby Lewis. But that's the way it goes sometimes.
There are thirteen games on tap for Monday:
- The Brewers over the Pirates: The pitching match up isn't anything to write home about with Capuano dueling Karstens so the Fan will go with the Brewers and their fire power.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: An upset pick! Tillman has been pitching well and Wade Davis has not been.
- The Rangers over the Tigers: The Tigers have been awesome at home, but the feeling here is that Feldman will pitch a good game and Bonderman won't.
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: The Phillies are stumbling. The Cards are starting to roll.
- The Rockies over the Marlins: Ubaldo!!
- The Reds over the Nationals: Martin has been good for the Nationals but they don't score enough for him. He faces Cueto, who should be good enough to win.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Probably a dumb pick, but Wandy Rodriguez (except for his last start) has been building back to where he was last year.
- The Twins over the Indians: The Indians are red hot, but so were the White Sox when they entered the Twins' new digs.
- The Mets over the Diamondbacks: Like Pelfrey over Ian Kennedy.
- The Athletics over the Red Sox: The Sox lost poorly on Sunday and they fly across the country to play the A's. Betting here that they will be a bit foggy. Sheets over Dice-K.
- The Giants over the Dodgers: Bumgarner over James McDonald, making his season debut.
- The Mariners over the White Sox: An impossible game to pick. The White Sox are starting Daniel Hudson who was decent in a few outings last year and bad his first time out this year. The Mariners start Pauley who was great his one time out but got no run support. Who knows...
And the Game of the Day:
- The Blue Jays over the Royals: Cecil is having a good year. Davies is Davies.
Games of the Day: 47-41