There are twelve games scheduled today. Five of them are during the day, so we'll see if the daytime remains a bright time:
- The Marlins over the Rockies: Josh Johnson versus De La Rosa? Yeah, the Fan is thinking the same thing.
- The Nationals over the Reds: Yeah, this is a crazy pick. But you have to go with Livan and Volquez is still iffy to this picker.
- The Braves over the Padres: Got to go back to the Braves and Tim Hudson, a pitcher who has thrown one bad inning out of his last 50 or so.
- The Tigers over the Blue Jays: Normally wouldn't go against Romero, but Verlander is an exception to that rule.
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: Wainwright buries the Phillies deeper into the pit despite Hamels efforts.
- The Brewers over the Pirates: Gallardo has been one of the best pitchers in the NL this season. Sorry to pick against Ohlendorf though.
- The Twins over the Orioles: Just what the Twins needed, some Millwood butt to kick around. Pavano gets another win.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Sabathia is the big man and the Royals take it on the Chen.
- The Rangers over the Angels: This is why the Rangers got Lee. And he pays them back for their efforts.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Could never see Cain losing to Rodrigo Lopez.
- The Dodgers over the Mets: Kuroda versus Takahashi. The Dodgers have the better oriental pitcher. The Mets lose again!
And the Game of the Day
- The Red Sox over the Mariners: The Sox eat guys like Rowland-Smith up for breakfast.
Games of the Day: 48-43