There are ten games on tap for Monday, which isn't bad as Mondays go. Here's how the Fan see 'em:
- The Phillies over the Rockies: Hammel is better than Blanton, but the Phillies are a much better home team than the Rockies are a road team.
- The Yankees over the Indians: Vazquez is pitching well. The Yankees keep winning, so why pick against them?
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Morrow should have no trouble keep the score lower than Bergesen does.
- The Tigers over the Bay Rays: There are so many things going on with this one. The Tigers are really struggling and are a horrible road team. But Scherzer pitched really well last time out. The Bay Rays are only so-so at home but great on the road. Garza is so unpredictable. Who knows...
- The Cubs over the Astros: Another pick that stinks to pick. Silva is coming back to earth. But Wright isn't a regular starter. So the Cubs win based on offense.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Arroyo looks like he is enjoying himself these days and is up to ten wins. Wolf has seen better times and it appears that the Brewers atrocious defense does him in.
- The Twins over the Royals: Greinke and Liriano have nearly identical stats this year. So they cancel themselves out, thus giving the better team the nod.
- The Mariners over the White Sox: King Felix will have to be really good to make this pick hold up as Danks has done well for the Chisox. But the Mariners beat some good pitching this week against Boston.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: Good match up of Buchholz versus Pineiro. Buchholz is the better of the two though.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Giants over the Marlins: You can't stop Buster Posey, you can only hope to contain him.
Yesterday: 11-5 - 69%
Month: 186-120 - 61%
Season: 845-615 - 58%
Games of the Day: 52-43 - 55%