But like the sunshine outside, today is a new day with a fresh set of games. Onward!
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: Hamels should have no trouble being better than Rodrigo Lopez.
- The Nationals over the Braves: Let's ride the Strasburg train one more time.
- The Yankees over the Indians: Sabathia pitches against a kid from the minors. The Yankees spit out the bones of young pitchers.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Romero should be steady and Millwood should still be traded.
- The Cardinals over the Mets: Wainwright over Niese but it should be close. The Mets on-field staff got a reprieve for the rest of the season. But after the season? Duck.
- The Tigers over the Rays: If the Tigers can't win with their stud, Verlander, who can they win with? Shields goes for the Rays. He's great the first time through the batting order, then gets whacked like a pinata.
- The Astros over the Cubs: The game features two trade bait in Myers and Lilly. Want to bet how many scouts will be at this game?
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Gonzales is good. But Lee is Lee. Time for the Rangers to bury one more semi-contender.
- The Brewers over the Reds: Gallardo is solid. Volquez is too much of a question mark.
- The White Sox over the Mariners: The Mariners have no shot at winning this game. None.
- The Pirates over the Rockies: Upset! The Pirates get to De La Rosa and the Duke pitches a good game.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: Ugh! How hard is this game to pick? Garland? You never know. Billingsley? You never know. Good luck.
- The Angels over the Red Sox: Weaver shows old friend, Lackey, why he is still the better pitcher.
- The Marlins over the Giants: Cain is good, but Josh Johnson is silly good.
And the Game of the Day
- The Twins over the Royals: Unless they are too tired after scoring 19 runs yesterday. Sheesh. But Pavano will keep them in the game if they are too tired to swing the bats.
Games of the Day: 52-44