There are eleven games today which isn't bad for a Thursday. These are the long days of the schedule when several teams go long stretches without a day off. Here's how the games look:
- The Cardinals over the Mets: Hawksworth hasn't been good for the Cards and Dickey has been awesome for the Mets. So that should be a Mets pick. But the gut says the Cardinals win.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: David Price should notch another win and Porcello gets the loss.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Never wild about Lowe pitching, but this Fan is a big disbeliever in Scott Olsen
- The Rockies over the Pirates: Got to believe that Ubaldo will rebound a bit against the Pirates.
- The Giants over the Marlins: Bumgarner has been great. Sanchez has often been great. Not often enough though.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: Podsednik isn't going to like facing Mr. Latos.
- The Diamondbacks over the Phillies: Joe Saunders wins his first outing for his new team. Kendrick with the loss.
- The Yankees over the Indians: The Yanks are starting Moseley which is scary, but they should pile onto Talbot.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: A tough game to call. Mazzaro has been good but so has Wilson. Going with the better team.
- The Orioles over the Royals: A thought here that Matusz should match up well against the Royals, especially without the Podfather.
And the Game of the Day
- The Mariners over the White Sox: Pauley is 0-2 despite an ERA of 2.12. Look for the young man to shut down the White Sox who counter with Freddie Garcia who is predictably sliding down hill fast.
Season: 870-630 - 1500 games!
Games of the Day: 54-44