And so it's on to Friday:
- The Braves over the Cubs: This year can't get over fast enough for the Cubs. Jurrjens wins.
- The Indians over the Tigers: Can't feel good about either team or either team's starters (Galarraga, Masterson). But one of the teams has to win.
- The Rangers over the Orioles: Wilson versus Arrieta. Wilson looks better every start. He'll win.
- The Mets over the Pirates: Pelfrey over Karstens. Not even close.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Hard to pick against King Felix and to pick for Burnett, but call the Fan crazy.
- The Astros over the Marlins: Houston has been playing well. The Marlins are as always, a puzzle.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Can't pick against Lester no matter how much it hurts. Cecil won't be enough.
- The Brewers over the Padres: LeBlanc is probably the Padres softest starter. Gallardo is the Brewers' best starter. Makes sense.
- The Twins over the Angels: Dueinsing gets run support as the Twins shake off last night's debacle.
- The Giants over the Cardinals: Maybe the Fan is all wrong and the Cardinals aren't as good as thought. And now they have Pedro Feliz. Ewww. Bumgarner over Westbrook.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Jackson has been awesome for the White Sox. O'Sullivan is decent, but not enough here.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: Really thought the Rockies would roll in the second half, but they've been sleepwalking. Kennedy over Rogers.
- The Bay Rays over the Athletics: Hellickson is a stud. Mazzaro is very good, but not as good as Hellickson.
- The Dodgers over the Reds: The Dodgers are on a roll, especially at home. They get to Homer Bailey.
And the Game of the Day
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Halladay versus Marquis? Yeah, that looks like a lopsided win.
Games of the Day: 68-52