Thursday has a petty full slate for a usual off day. And several of them are day games. Here we go:
- The Braves over the Nationals: Lowe is always a better pitcher at home and the Braves are one of the best home teams. Lannon was good last time out.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: Hughes should get the win over Porcello as the Yankees take three of four from the faltering Tigers.
- The Padres over the Cubs: Zambrano was better last time out and should be stronger this time too. But Latos has been lights out for the Padres.
- The Rangers over the Orioles: Matusz is always capable of pulling off a gem, but the Rangers just got swept by the Bay Rays and will be mad as heck.
- The Pirates over the Marlins: This is just the kind of game the Marlins always lose. Sanabia versus Maholm. And yes, Hanley Ramirez is still batting lead off. Stupid.
- The Angels over the Red Sox: The Angels salvage a game of the series as Santana beats a bewildering Beckett.
- The Phillies over the Giants: The Phillies build their playoff push while putting a dagger in the Giants' hopes. Hamels beats Sanchez.
- The Royals over the Indians. Okay, the Fan gives up picking Cleveland. Davies somehow beats Talbot.
- The Mets over the Astros: Misch is a mystery with an 0-1 record despite a 1.50 ERA. Norris shouldn't be able to hold the Mets' offense.
- The Twins over the White Slox: Pavano does his thing. The Twins somehow get to Buehrle and the Twins build their lead to six games.
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: The D-backs had their chance last night and blew it. Today, Wood will blow them up and the Reds will get enough runs against Saunders.
- The Athletics over the Bay Rays: Cahill is excellent. Sonnanstine is a fill in starter. The Bay Rays are a long way from home.
And the Game of the Day
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Ted Lilly gets the Dodgers another win. Too bad they didn't have him sooner when it might have mattered.
Games of the Day: 67-52