- The Phillies over the Giants: Zito won't be enough to hold off Oswalt and the Phillies.
- The Orioles over the Mariners: Yes, even Millwood will win a game. French goes for the Mariners with a side of fries.
- The Marlins over the Pirates: Yeah, the Fan knows what he just said. But in a perfect world, Nolasco should beat Duke. It's just not a perfect world.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: Verlander versus Sabathia in a marquee match up. The odds of Sabathia holding the weak-hitting Tigers is stronger.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Minor is a risk of a pick as a greenhorn, but the Braves should score enough to win.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: Garza versus Hunter in another good one. Garza has been only so-so since the no-no. Hunter was cuffed up good his first start, but he's a good pitcher.
- The Padres over the Cubs: Yet another improbable Garland win. Wells goes for the Cubs.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: Buchholz has become a stud this season. Weaver is a tough opponent though.
- The Mets over the Astros: Santana should shut out the Astros. Meanwhile, the Mets face old friend, Figueroa.
- The Indians over the Royals: The Royals aren't exactly playing well behind Greinke and Mr. Gomez is 3-0 for Cleveland.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Taking the Twins at home. But Baker versus Danks is no picnic.
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: Interesting game. Hudson has been great for the D-Backs and Arroyo is having his best year for the Reds. Very interesting game.
- The Blue Jays over the Athletics: Another tough game to pick. Previous no-hit pitchers have struggled after their gems, so Morrow could too. And Braden has been good of late for the A's.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: The Dodgers aren't going to make the playoffs but they can help the Rockies not get there either. Kershaw wins over Chacin.
And the Game of the Day
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Garcia versus Bush seems like a mismatch. Plus, Pujols and Holliday are on fire.
Games of the Day: 66-51