- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Wolf versus Wainwright. The latter will pick up his 18th win.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: Holland is a wild card. If he throws well, the Bay Rays won't hit him. Shields has been a mess lately.
- The Padres over the Cubs: Richard wins his 11th and the Padres score against Coleman and his 8+ ERA.
- The Athletics over the Blue Jays: Gonzalez versus Rzepcynski (Ha! the Fan typed it!). Gonzalez has been really good this year and will shut the Jays down.
- The Phillies over the Giants: The Phillies simply know how to win big games and this one is for the wild card lead. Blanton over Cain.
- The Orioles over the Mariners: Pauley and Guthrie both have been very good lately. Going with the O's.
- The Marlins over the Pirates: Josh Johnson struggled last time out but should win. Ohlendorf will once again be the hard luck loser.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: The Tigers are 12 games under .500 on the road. Bonderman doesn't scare anyone. Moseley does well enough to win.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Hudson versus Livan. Hudson is creeping up on Cy Young consideration.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: Kazmir has been okay as of late but Lackey and the Sox get the win.
- The Mets over the Astros: How can you pick against Dickey? Every time the Fan does, he gets burned.
- The Indians over the Royals: Like Carmona over Chen. Well, don't really like either one, but one of them has to win.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Liriano slams the door shut on the White Sox.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Taking Kuroda over Hammel. The Dodgers still play well at home.
And the Game of the Day
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: When was the last time Rodrigo Lopez threw a good game? Enough said.
Games of the Day: 66-52