- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Wainwright wins his 20th. Gorzelanny hangs tough, but doesn't get the run support.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: The Yanks have punished Beckett over and over for beating them in the World Series. Pettitte rights the ship.
- The Astros over the Pirates: So much for getting to .500 after that dreadful Nationals' series. But Myers should beat McDonald.
- The Twins over the Tigers: The Twins still have a shot at home field advantage so they do have some motivation. Liriano over Verlander.
- The Royals over the Indians: Hochever and Tomlin cancel each other out, so again going with the better offense.
- The Phillies over the Mets: The Phillies were one-hit by Dickey earlier in the season. But these aren't the same Phillies. Blanton wins.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Cecil over Tillman. Go Bautista, go!
- The Rockies over the Giants: The Rockies are back home where they get their offense to explode again. Chacin beats Lincecum.
- The Mariners over the Bay Rays: Vargas has a good game. Niemann has seen his ERA rise over a run a game in his last six starts.
- The Brewers over the Marlins: Miller has an ERA over 8. Mark Rogers gets his first career start. He is from Brunswick, Maine. So the Fan has to pick him.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Freddie Garcia is back. But so is Pineiro.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: Enright has been alright. Kershaw can't get any run support.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Cramer has looked great. Hunter has been iffy. But the Rangers have to win sooner or later.
- The Reds over the Padres: Arroyo has been consistently good and the Padres' offense offers little resistance. Young makes his second start for the Padres.
And the Game of the Day
- The Braves over the Nationals: The Braves HAVE to win. Hudson needs to get it done versus Zimmermann.
Games of the Day: 81-73