Wednesday is a fresh new day. Here are the picks:
- The Phillies over the Braves: Come on, Bobby Cox. Stick around for one more. Oswalt over Hanson.
- The Indians over the Twins: The Twins have clinched. Bring on the scrubs. Carrasco over Blackburn.
- The Astros over the Nationals: Wandy Rodriguez and Jason Marquis are two pitchers going in opposite directions.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: Anderson over Jackson. Wow have the White Sox fallen.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: The Cards will beat Morton despite themselves. Amazing collapse. Simply amazing.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Wade Davis can't throw enough breaking stuff to overcome the Yankees' love of fastballs. Uh oh! Picked Burnett to win [[shiver]]
- The Mets over the Marins: Two teams that will have new managers next year. Niese over Sanabia.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Scherzer should beat Davies.
- The Cubs over the Giants: Wells out pitches Sanchez. Not feeling great about this pick, but the opposite feels worse.
- The Reds over the Brewers: The Fan likes how the Reds have stayed focused even after wrapping up the division. Cueto over Wolf.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: Millwood versus Lackey in a lackluster match up. Neither have been anything to write home about. Was Papelbon's woeful outing yesterday a fitting end to his Red Sox career?
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: The signs all point to Ubaldo getting his 20th win as he faces Rodrigo Lopez.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Wilson over Haren. But the Angels did win the first two games of the series to salvage some pride.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: Stauffer over Lilly. The Dodgers' season needs to end. It's painful.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: Loss number 100 for the Mariners? Drabek gets his second major league start and beats Pauley. Everyone on the Blue Jays hit a homer last night EXCEPT Bautista.
Games of the Day: 81-71