Monday has ten games on the schedule:
- The Bay Rays over the Yankees: The Rays have to have an edge with the Yankees starting Nova and the Yankees dinged up and not hitting.
- The Cardinals over the Marlins: Carpenter should beat Volstad as the Marlins continue to slide into the off season.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Porcello beats Greinke as the Tigers roll along.
- The Phillies beat the Braves: Hamels is so much more of a sure thing than Jurrjens at this point.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: The Fighting Showalters should get to Dice-K while Matusz shuts down Boston.
- The Nationals over the Astros: Livan shot the Fan in the foot last time. Just call this picker a sucker.
- The Twins over the Indians: All Duensing has to do is work around Choo.
- The Reds over the Brewers: It's too bad that Braun is the only Brewer that hasn't packed it in for the season.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: The White Sox played eleven innings on Sunday Night Baseball and then have to fly to Oakland to face Gonzalez. Oy.
And the Game of the Day
- The Angels over the Rangers: It doesn't matter, but the Angels save face with a Weaver win.
Games of the Day: 80-70