Without further horsing around, let's get to Sunday's picks while the iron is hot:
- The Cubs over the Marlins: Ugh. Horrible game to pick to start things off. It is Samardzija versus Miller. Sorry about the link there, but it's the only way the Fan can get that guy's name right.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: The Jays keep throwing quality starters at you night after night, but Lester is a great one and should win.
- The Braves over the Mets: Lowe has been great lately and the Braves score enough on Dickey to get the win.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Pettitte is back. Unfortunately for the Orioles, so is Tillman.
- The Diamondbacks over the Pirates: Hudson has been unbelievable since joining the D-Backs. Duke gets yet another chance for the Pirates.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: This one could be a high scoring game as it is Niemann versus Kazmir.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Blanton has been much better of late and Mayo has an ERA well over cinco.
- The Twins over the Athletics: Liriano is still in the Cy Young hunt but this kid, Cramer, for the A's was great his first career start.
- The Astros over the Reds: Wood has been inconsistent and Myers has been the model of consistency.
- The Royals over the Indians: Like Hochever far more than is sane. But he should be better than Tomlin.
- The Cardinals over the Padres: Wainwright gets his 19th win. Garland hangs in there but can't keep up.
- The Brewers over the Giants: The Brew Crew should tee off on Zito and Narveson has been really good of late. Plus, he's the best hitting pitcher in the game right now this side of Zambrano.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: It is unfortunate for the White Sox that they got in the race because they could have used a house cleaning. They will beat Bonderman today though.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: The Dodgers are sleep walking and pathetic, but Kershaw should shut the Rockies down at home.
And the Game of the Day
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Hunter takes care of what little offense Seattle has and poor Fister keeps throwing his heart out in a losing cause.
Last Week: 57-35
Games of the Day: 80-69