Today is the first day of autumn and it's officially time for the apex of baseball. Hold onto your seats because here comes Tuesday:
- The Astros over the Nationals: The Astros continue their push to .500 with a Happ win over Lannan who has pitched well his last few starts.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Did anyone ever expect Chen to win ten games? But he's been hammered by the Tigers. High scoring game as Chen faces Galarraga.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Alas, the Braves aren't taking Cox to the promised land. Halladay wins #20 and Minor takes the loss.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: The Yankees like facing Shields. Hughes needs to come up big though.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Westbrook gets the win over Maholm in a meaningless game.
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: Rzepcyinski gets a rare win as Bautista hits his 50th off of French.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Young Mendez shuts down the Mets while the Marlins get a few off of Pelfrey.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Bergesen has been very good, but Buchholz gets the win.
- The Cubs over the Giants: Zambrano has been great and will beat Matt Cain and the Giants.
- The Twins over the Indians: Baker will want to make his case for the playoffs and beats Carmona.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Potentially ugly game as Volquez takes on Bush.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: Cahill wins again as the White Sox can't get the season over fast enough.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Lewis will edge Santana in a low scoring game.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: The Padres got to Billingsley in his one start against them. But Richard will have to be good.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: De La Rosa over Saunders as the Rockies continue to push.
Games of the Day: 81-70