With fear and trepidation (and a great deal of shell shock) here Saturday's picks:
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Now the Cardinals start winning. A little late boys.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Romero over Guthrie. It should be low scoring.
- The Braves over the Nationals: It's pretty bad when you have to depend on Lowe to get a win. But he faces Maya, whose ERA is way over Cinco.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: Gio Gonzalez should be better than Mr. Holland's Opus.
- The Padres over the Reds: The Padres have something to play for. The Reds are playing out the string. Garland over Wood.
- The Red Sox over the Yankees: Lester should beat Nova, who is a five inning pitcher at best.
- The Mets over the Phillies: The Phillies have to lose sooner or later. Gee over Kendrick.
- The Royals over the Indians: Greinke sure has had an uneven year, but he should beat the Indians and Gomez.
- The Astros over the Pirates: Which bad pitcher who pitched well in his last outing can make it two straight good outings? Figuring Norris has a better chance of it than Duke.
- The Twins over the Tigers: Pavano over Bonderman.
- The Brewers over the Marlins: Are Volstad and Matt Garza the same guy? Totally unpredictable. Brilliant. Bad. Brilliant. Bad. Going with Narveson.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: They can't be the same guy because Garza is pitching against Seattle. Mystery solved.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: Hudson and Ely are two young pitchers going in opposite directions. Hudson improves to 7-1.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Zito's curve won't bend as much in Colorado. Hammel wins.
And the Game of the Day:
- The White Sox over the Angels: Would pick Danks over Kazmir ten out of ten times.
Week: 38-42 geez
Games of the Day: 81-74 This feature was seventeen games over .500 just a while back.