Can this picker build on this good day? The only way we'll find out is to jump in feet first:
- The Tigers over the Angels: What a pitching match up! Justin Verlander versus Jared Weaver. If you consider those two as equals, then go with the home team. But this pick is no lock by any means.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: That is if the Yankees can lift their bats after scoring 24 runs in two games yesterday. The story really isn't about Freddie Garcia and Jake Arrieta. It's more about the bullpen being fresh for the Yankees and not for the Orioles, especially after losing Uehara.
- The Indians over the Royals: Yeah, Kyle Davies pitched a good game his last time out, the tease. But the Indians should be reinvigorated after those deals. Fausto Carmona with the win.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Tempted to go with Brandon Morrow, but not with C.J. Wilson on the bump. Can't do it.
- The Reds over the Giants: Why is Barry Zito in the rotation still? Going with Johnny Cueto.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Yeah, Ricky Nolasco was better his last start, but he still threw 111 pitches to get 16 outs. Not very efficient, eh? Going with Tommy Hanson, weird delivery or not.
- The Mets over the Nationals: How cruel it was yesterday to finally pick the Mets only to see them tank. But they will win today behind Jonathan Niese. Jordan Zimmermann should be shut down for the season or he will lose all the positives for his early season success.
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Sorry again for all of us rooting for the Pirates. But Vance Worley is simply better than Jeff Karstens.
- The Red Sox over the White Sox: Mark Buehrle can beat a lot of bad teams. But the Red Sox are not a bad team. Well, they are a bad team...if you use the slang vernacular. Andrew Miller somehow wins despite himself.
- The Rockies over the Padres: This picker doesn't get Juan Nicasio. He pitches like Ubaldo at home and like Waldo on the road. That just doesn't make sense. He gets his first road win today over Wade LeBlanc.
- The Twins over the Athletics: Have no idea who is going to win this game. Heck, the Fan is being honest with you. Carl Pavano seems to be a better pick than Brandon McCarthy.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: This pick doesn't make sense unless Rubby de La Rosa comes up big today. But if he does, the Dodgers can score a few runs off of Joe Saunders.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: Dustin Ackley must feel like an island in that line up. Jeremy Hellickson should win this one over Jason Vargas. It's been a surprise that no deals have come from the Bay Rays.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Jake Westbrook will have to continue to hang in there to win this game, but Ryan Dempster will give up more runs.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Brewers over the Astros: Brett Myers has to wonder how life got to be so bad with only Wandy for company. Chris Narveson isn't challenged in this one.
Last Week: 47-52
Games of the Day: 76-43