- The Reds over the Cubs: Let's see, if the Reds are picked enough days in a row to win and the Cubs are picked enough days in a row to lose, those things will happen some time. See how that works? Carlos Zambrano versus Johnny Cueto. Going with Cueto.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Friday's game was clearly frustrating for the Red Sox. They had Colon on the ropes and Girardi made a brilliant move by bringing in his LOOGY. That was the game as the Yankees found a way to touch the Boston ace for three runs. Now on Saturday, it's Sabathia versus John Lackey. Lackey won't get any Fenway love if he struggles. C.C. has struggled at times against the Red Sox.
- The Phillies over the Giants: The Phillies aim to make a statement this series and it's coming in loud and clear. Cole Hamels over Matt Cain. Worley pitched on Friday. Was Halladay skipped? Is it okay that this Fan loves John Mayberry Jr.?
- The Brewers over the Astros: How can we find anything nice to say about the Astros these days. Brett Myers with yet another loss. Chris Narveson goes for the Brew Crew.
- The Padres over the Pirates: The Pirates have fallen and can't get up. Corey Luebke over Paul Maholm, who never gets any runs of support.
- The Braves over the Mets: The Mets sure are scuffling now. Jonathan Niese can be nice and stop the bleeding. But it might not be enough against Tommy Hanson.
- The White Sox over the Twins: Jake Peavy is getting stronger and pitching deeper into games. Carl Pavano has had little in his tank this season.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Justin Verlander might have a little trouble against some of the young Royals hitters, but the Tigers should score on Danny Duffy and win.
- The Rays over the Athletics: Remember how everyone thought the A's would contend this year. This Fan never bought it. It's nice to see old friend, Hideki Matsui, hitting well. Alex Cobb over Brandon McCarthy.
- The Rangers over the Indians: Tough to see Chris Perez blow the save for Ubaldo on Friday night. C.J. Wilson hasn't been sharp lately. Some home cooking should fix that. Fausto Carmona really hasn't had a good season.
- The Cardinals over the Marlins: How big has Lance Berkman been for the Cardinals this season? Getting Rafael Furcal was brilliant. Chris Carpenter has a shortstop behind him! Give that man a W. Ricky Nolasco with a tough loss.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: The Dodgers have trouble against lefties. Joe Saunders isn't a very good one, but even so. The Dodgers have not announced a starter yet for Saturday which is another reason for this pick.
- The Rockies over the Nationals: You have to give props to Livan Hernandez for staying competitive. But his stuff will look like beach balls at Coors. Jhoulys Chacin hasn't pitched well against the Nats, but we'll see.
- The Mariners over the Angels: In a battle of young pitchers, Blake Beavan should be better than Tyler Chatwood.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Chris Tillman has been rocked often. He won't have it any easier against the Blue Jays. Brandon Morrow pitches for the Jays.