This picker has got to break this stretch of ineptitude. It's got to stop. Come on Tuesday's picks! Save the day:
- The Cubs over the Pirates: It appears that the magic is fizzling. Randy Wells has been getting better with each start for the Cubs. Kevin Correia is a big inning waiting to happen.
- The Tigers over the Rangers: Colby Lewis is either very good or very homer prone. There is no in between. The Tigers can mash, so it should be the latter in this game. Max Scherzer has been very good of late.
- The Red Sox over the Indians: Josh Beckett needs to be good in this game and go deep into the game as his bullpen was a bit flamed yesterday. David (Hassle) Huff goes for the Indians.
- The Mets over the Marlins: Still can't get a Met game correct. But this one should be. Brad (talk to the) Hand can't find the strike zone often enough and will be done early. Chris Capuano with the win.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: In the battle of the "Ays" the pick is for Ricky Romero who really is a good pitcher. The Rays don't hit well at home. And what's to make of David Price this season?
- The Astros over the Reds: Can the Astros win two in a row against the Reds? They can if Wandy Rodriguez pitches a really good game. Homer Bailey goes for the Reds.
- The Royals over the Orioles: Two teams that are treading water. One of them has to win. Bruce Chen pitches against Alfredo Simon. The young Royals hitters should provide the difference here.
- The White Sox over the Yankees: John Danks should shut down the Yankees while Phil Hughes is a loss waiting to happen.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: It's hard to beat the Brewers at home, especially with Shaun Marcum on the mound. But Jaime Garcia pitched really well against the Brewers.
- The Phillies over the Rockies: While not a ringing endorsement for Kyle Kendrick, he should be better than Aaron Cook.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: The Dodgers never score for Hiroki Kuroda and Matt Latos should keep that fact going.
- The Twins over the Angels: Brian Duensing has great career numbers against the Angels. Ervin Santana is fresh off his no-hitter. Did it tax him too much to get there?
- The Mariners over the Athletics: Felix Hernandez showed he was back in his last start. The Red Sox were scared off of Rick Harden. What did they see?
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Daniel Hudson scuffled his last time out. He has no margin for error facing Tim Lincecum.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Braves over the Nationals: Derek Lowe has a good career record against the Nationals. John Lannon is good but it's time for Michael Bourn to shine.
Games of the Day: 77-44