Another day, another good picking result. This picker is going to be sad to see April go. It's been a really good month. The Fan was particularly proud of the Game of the Day pick as the Blue Jays and Romero did exactly as predicted. Awesome. The clunkers of the day? Really thought the Astros would win behind Oswalt. Ted Lilly was awful for the Cubs and that sunk the pick and down in Texas, Feldman pitched really well, but the defense kicked the ball around and the bullpen let the game get away. The Games of the Day is riding a four game winning streak which mercifully brought that feature back to .500.
Friday's games look like they'll shape up this way:
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: The D-backs are killing the ball lately, but this Fan hates betting against Randy Wells.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: The Red Sox are on a mini-roll and the Orioles don't provide any kind of obstacle.
- The Yankees over the White Sox: The Yankees are back at home where they rarely lose and get served up a tasty helping of Freddie Garcia.
- The Indians over the Twins: BallHype has Blackburn pitching for the Twins but Yahoo has Slowey. Slowey is better. But we'll go with the Indians either way behind Carmona.
- The Angels over the Tigers: Pineiro goes for the Angels which gives them a good chance to win a game.
- The Athletics over the Blue Jays: Cahill makes his first start of the year for the A's. Morrow goes for the Blue Jays. He was good last time out. But...
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The Marlins jump all over old friend, Olsen, and feature Nolasco. That's a winning recipe.
- The Bay Rays over the Royals: Niemann versus Bannister isn't a bad match up. But the Bay Rays are unstoppable.
- The Astros over the Braves: The Braves are reeling but feature Hanson tonight. But the Astros counter with Wandy Rodriguez. Can't see the Braves hitting him. Heyward broke out of his slump yesterday though.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Brad Penny versus Cueto. Sometimes wish that Duncan could work with Cueto for a week.
- The Padres over the Brewers: The pitching woes lately for the Brewers won't be helped by Mr. Bush.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Fan would pick the Pirates right now over the Dodgers if any other pitcher than Morton was starting.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Lee makes his first start of the year for the Mariners. This picker never picks a guy who makes his first start off the DL. It's been an effective rule of thumb.
- The Giants over the Rockies: Like Zito over Cook.
Games of the Day: 7-7
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Mets over the Phillies: The Mets jump all over Kendrick and get a surprisingly good start from Niese.