So after having survived what could have been an extreme event, this picker is feeling really good about Saturday:
- The Diamondbacks over the Cubs: Did you ever watch a demolition derby and there was this one car that kept running despite looking more beat up than any other car? That's Carlos Silva of the Cubs. Sooner or later, it's got to stop running.
- The Angels over the Tigers: Kazmir should have a good game here, especially if he walks Miguel Cabrera three times.
- The Yankees over the White Sox: Vazquez. Hmm... Things aren't going well for him back with the Yankees. But still think he'll win...or they will.
- The Blue Jays over the Athletics: Being the third best team in the AL East isn't half bad these days. The A's miss Suzuki behind the plate...and beside it.
- The Braves over the Astros: All the sites are saying this is Hudson versus Wandy. But from what the Fan read, Wandy is going to skip a start because of his back. Going with the Braves.
- The Mets over the Phillies: Pick against Halladay? Are you nuts? But Pelfrey has a better ERA! And the Mets are on a serious roll.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: The Rangers can hit so much better than the Mariners. But it's King Felix's turn to pitch.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Just a feeling that the Rockies will jump all over Matt Cain and this kid, Rogers will pitch well.
- The Bay Rays over the Royals: Okay, the Royals have their win for the week and the Rays have their loss. Today will get back to normal as the Price will be right.
- The Twins over the Indians: Picking against an unknown kid named Manship would be like dissing your own sexual orientation if you were a male, wouldn't it?
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: How in the heck do you pick this game? Bergesen is scheduled for the Orioles with his 12+ ERA and Dice-K gets his first start back from the DL, which is dicey.
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Will probably live to regret this one. But Florida is a seriously bad team at home and Volstad is no picnic. Stammen was pretty good his last time out.
- The Brewers over the Padres: Gallardo is the only finger in the dike for the Brewers.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: The Dodgers finally got off the schnide last night. Don't know who Monasterios is, but predicting he'll win. If this were a perfect world, wouldn't a guy with the name of Monastarios be a perfect pitcher for the Padres?
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Homer Bailey is going to have a good day and Kyle Lohse will not. It's that simple.
Last month: 200-126
Games of the Day: 8-7