- The Mets split with the Dodgers: The Mets will win the game with Santana pitching and lose the game with Perez pitching. Simple as that.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Today is a big test for Phil Hughes. Sure he was fantastic last game out. But can he string good games together?
- The Twins over the Tigers: Liriano has been terrific. Verlander not so much.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Buchholz should be better in this game than Marcum. Both starters better last a long time after last night's bullpen-fest.
- The Marlins over the Padres: Tempted to pick Garland and the Pads, but Florida is too hot right now.
- The Athletics over the Bay Rays: This is the upset pick of the day. Ben Sheets pitches a strong game and Wade Davis exits early.
- The Astros over the Reds: The Reds are reeling a bit and Harang isn't going to help the cause any.
- The Nationals over the Cubs: Two of the Fans favorite whipping boys, Livan versus Gorzelanny. But Livan has been laughing at my face all season.
- The White Sox over the Rangers: Buehrle is due for a good game and Lewis is due for a bad one.
- The Brewers over the Pirates: As if things aren't bad enough for the Pirates, Burres starts tonight for them.
- The Royals over the Mariners: Greinke and the Royals better offense should best the Mariners and Snell.
- The Cardinals over the Braves: Lowe has been pretty poor so far. Carpenter is Carpenter.
- The Indians over the Angels: Talbot has been the Indians' best pitcher. Saunders is Saunders. But this is a scary pick because the Angels are hot right now.
- The Phillies over the Giants: Moyer versus Wellemeyer is no picnic either way. But the Phillies should out slug them.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: Have to go with Ubaldo. Just have to. Even if Jackson is a strong pitcher.
Games of the Day: 4-7