You might as well get some random thoughts that this stubborn brain has rambling around.
- Man. Talk about lack of respect. Yovani Gallardo went 2 for 2 at the plate with a walk and three RBI and they still pinch hit for him.
- Between Gallardo and Gregg Zaun, they had 8 RBIs between them. How unlikely is that? A pitcher and a 60 year old catcher? Speaking of Zaun, why the heck does his first name have two G's?
- In the span of seven days, the Pirates have lost a 20-0 game and a 17-3 game. Ouch.
- The Red Sox and the Blue Jays battled to prove which has the worst bullpen. The Blue Jays won by a hair. Which means they lost.
- Josh Beckett got blasted. There's got to be something wrong with him. He's been way off his game.
- The Red Sox have played 20 games now and Okajima and Bard have pitched in 11 of them. Papelbon and Schoeneweis have pitched in 10. If this keeps up, will Francona start getting a Torre-like reputation?
- In a weird day for old friends, Brian Bruney walked in the winning run for the Nationals and Phil Coke got the win for the Tigers.
- There has been no let up for Austin Jackson. He's now batting .325. Great start to his career thus far.
- Josh Johnson went 3 for 4 with three RBI to go along with his 12 K's and a complete game. Not a bad night's work.
- Jason Heyward is 0 for his last 15 at bats with six strikeouts. There will be better days.
- Colby Rasmus is up to .315 and now has 6 homers. Nice.
- Melky Cabrera went 2 for 4 and threw out a runner from left. But he's still only hitting .174.
- Bobby Abreu has been on fire lately and his power is back all of the sudden.
- How bad is Seattle's offense when they can only manage one hit off of Kyle Davies? And Bruce Chen got the save for Kansas City. Weird.
- Why can't Sanchez throw strikes? He pitched great again tonight but could only go five innings because of walking five batters. Between he and Kershaw, don't know which is more frustrating.
- The LaRoche brothers are both batting well. Who saw that coming?
- Joe Girardi admitted a bad gaffe by starting to intentionally walk Morales the other night and then changed his mind after the first pitch. Morales then hit a three run homer. Pretty embarrassing.
Okay, the Fan just yawned for about ten straight minutes. Go to bed, Stupid!