- The Dodgers over the Mets: Here's the thing: The Dodgers are a mess right now. They, along with the Red Sox are the two "contenders" that are in serious trouble. But the Mets are starting Perez.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: This seems like a stupid pick. Beckett versus Eveland. But Eveland has been very good and Beckett has just been so-so.
- The Cubs over the Nationals: After blasting the Cubs in this space numerous times, the Cubs got all huffy and have been on a bit of a roll. Silva continues his improbable run of success against the Nationals.
- The Tigers over the Rangers: Just don't trust Harrison as a starter for the Rangers. Bonderson isn't any picnic for the Tigers either. The Tigers are batting very well though.
- The Brewers over the Pirates: The heart wants to pick Zach Duke to win, but the Pirates just find too many ways to lose.
- The Mariners over the Royals: King Felix makes this one a lock.
- The Braves over the Cardinals: Both of these teams are in a batting funk of late. But Hudson seems a better bet than Lohse.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: The combination of Haren and the way the Diamondbacks have been pounding the ball put this pick over the top.
- The Angels over the Indians: Like Huff a lot for Cleveland, but the Indians have been a poor road team and they face a hot Jared Weaver.
- The Marlins over the Padres: Like Latos a lot, but like Josh Johnson even more.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Giants over the Phillies: This really is a game of the day. Two stud pitchers: Halladay versus Sanchez. The Phillies are good on the road. The Giants are good at home. Going with Sanchez and his ability to shut down the Phillies' lineup.
Games of the Day: 3-7