What was pretty cool about Wednesday was that for some teams it was a "get away" day and a handful of games were played during the day. And for once, for an east coast guy, all of the games were over by 11:00. Can't say that very often. That gives this Fan a little extra time to leisurely pick the Thursday games. And here they are:
- The Tigers over the Twins: This game is awful to pick since it's Pavana versus Willis. Anything can happen. The Twins line up is sort of lefty heavy, so going with the Tigers who should match up better with Pavano.
- The Cardinals over the Braves: Wainwright and Jurrjens should be a wash. But the Braves just aren't hitting and are having a dreadful week.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: The Fan is going to chalk up Feldman's last start to the flu. He should come up strong against the White Sox. Hamilton is starting to hit homers.
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: Lilly showed last time out that he was back full tilt.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Was tempted to pick the Orioles with Matusz pitching and Burnett for the Yanks. But Posada got plunked on the kneecap and will probably sit, which means that Burnett will be better.
- The Bay Rays over the Royals: Like Hochever, but the Bay Rays may never lose again.
- The Astros over the Reds: Tipping the cap to Oswalt who has been helping his parents who were the victims of a tornado during the week.
- The Padres over the Brewers: The Brew Crew is in serious trouble with their pitching. It's snowballing too. LeBlanc goes for the Pads.
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: Kershaw rights the ship for the Dodgers who have had a really bad week.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Blue Jays over the Athletics: Two young stud pitchers with Duchscherer versus Romero. Romero has been fantastic so leaning towards him.
Games of the Day: 6-7