Worse yet is the Game of the Day feature. You have to understand that the game selected is what the Fan considers a sure thing. It's been streaky as can be. There was a five game losing streak. Then a five game winning streak. Now it's another five game losing streak. What is the Fan, the Royals?
Oh man. What's to do? Pick another day's games, that's what:
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Pirates are due for a win but they haven't scored in May it seems. Gorzelanny versus Burres. Ugly.
- The Indians over the Orioles: Masterson versus Guthrie. Guthrie stays in the majors by feasting off of teams like the Indians. But Masterson's peripheral stats shout that he is bound to come up dominant some time.
- The Red Sox over the Tigers: Buchholz versus Scherzer in a match up of two struggling youngsters. Think Buchholz will be better.
- The Twins over the Yankees: The Yankees are reeling a bit and Liriano will put them further in their funk. Burnett goes for the Yankees.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Just think Harden will do better than Cecil. The Rangers are on a roll too...sort of.
- The Marlins over the Mets: The Mets are 4-9 on the road. That won't get any better with Perez starting today.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Just a feeling that the Cards will dump their batting frustration out on Harang today. Garcia goes for the Cards. Another bonus point.
- The Mariners over the Bay Rays: This pick seems crazy, but Fister has been really good and the Bay Rays aren't as dominant at home as they are on the road.
- The Diamondbacks over the Braves: Ian Kennedy has pitched very well of late and the Braves just don't win when Kawakami starts
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Not real keen on Jamie Moyer repeating his success, but not real keen on the Brewers without Braun even if Wolf is starting.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Buehrle versus Meche. Meche is reason all by himself on why Hillman had to go.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: Garland has been crazy great so far. The Dodgers are starting Ortiz. Ewww...
- The Athletics over the Angels: It's more Braden theatre and Saunders goes for the Angels.
- The Giants over the Astros: Like Wellemeyer's chances over Paulino. But the Astros just swept the Cardinals, so hmm...
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Rockies over the Nationals: Okay...haven't picked against Livan all year. But tonight he faces Ubaldo.
Games of the Day: 13-15 grrrr