Okay, Coach. I'm ready. Put me in there. [running hard to the position]:
- The Yankees over the Tigers: Hughes versus Porcello. This pick is as much the pick of a Fan as it is the pick for a guy with a 4-0, sub 2.00 ERA.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: This is as much a pick for Vazquez to put away his Yankee demons as it is about Bonderman being a pretty sucky pitcher.
- The Reds over the Pirates: The Pirates have scored one run and had four total hits in their last two games. Can you say, "Team Slump." Team Slump. Yes.
- The Mets over the Nationals: The Fan would have bats in his Pelfrey if he didn't pick the Mets in this game.
- The Brewers over the Braves: Heyward batting third makes the Braves a very different team. But Gallardo is pitching for the Brewers.
- The Twins over the White Sox: The Fan has picked Pavano and Livan to win about six straight times. Insane.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: The Fan's delirious hope that the Blue Jays could finish in the standings above the Red Sox was just smoke in the mist.
- The Cubs over the Marlins: The Fan just hates these games. The Marlins are all over the map with pitchers who could twirl no-hitters or twelve-hitters just as easily against a Cubs team that should fire Hendry and Piniella and features a starter like Carlos Silva. Games like this just kill a guy.
- The Phillies over the Rockies: Same pick as yesterday's rained out game. Except now Halladay has an extra day's rest.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: This pick only works if Price doesn't let the Angels' batters just stand there and get walks. Weaver has been really good, so beware.
- The Orioles over the Mariners: Bergesen has had two good starts in a row. Rowland-Smith has never had two good starts.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Putting this game's fate in the hands of Mr. Holland's Opus.
- The Royals over the Indians: Suddenly Davies has two good starts in a row. Plus, the Royals have to win at least one game a week, no?
- The Astros over the Cardinals: Has the Fan lost his mind? No. But Wandy is a better pitcher right now than Lohse.
- The Rockies over the Phillies: It suddenly occurred that when picking these day night double headers to make up rain outs, the Fan could always predict a split without mentioning the pitchers. That way, if the teams split the double header, both picks would automatically be right because you wouldn't know the difference. Too bad the Fan wasn't sleazy. Sigh. Moyer will lose after his feel-good last outing.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: The Dodgers are starting to mash now that Manny is back.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Giants over the Padres: Think Cain will be better than Richard.
Week: 20-17 blah blah BLAH!
Month: 77-70 ditto
Games of the Day: 13-13