Let's see if Friday can bring more of the thrill of victory:
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Zach Duke is probably the Pirates best pitcher. But he won't get enough run support with Carpenter pitching.
- The Braves over the Phillies: Lowe needs to keep the ball in the ball park and if he does, he should win. This might be Moyer's last start with the Phillies.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The Fins have lost three straight and have their weakest starter (Volstad) starting tonight. So that means they will win. Why? Because they are the Marlins.
- The Indians over the Tigers: The Indians haven't won a game in a while and are due. Huff hasn't pitched well so far this year after a very good 2009 and he is due. These planets align for a reason. Throw in Bonderman for the Tigers to help the pick along.
- The Giants over the Mets: Pelfrey is listed for the Mets. He's been REALLY good. But he has been hurting. Sanchez has been great for the Giants, especially if he can keep his walks down.
- The Reds over the Cubs: Still can't buy Carlos Silva. Just can't. Homer Bailey needs to get it going and tonight would be a good place to start.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: It's Hughes against Beckett. Lots of questions abound in this game. Is Hughes this good? Is Beckett this bad? We'll find out together.
- The Padres over the Astros: The latest story down in Houston is that Berkman wants to play for a winner. Well, that's just great for the good old team morale. Latos wins this one.
- The Royals over the Rangers: Oy. Can Greinke ever get enough run support to win a game? It's got to be sad to be 0 for the season when you have a 2.45 ERA.
- The Twins over the Orioles: Still laughing that some wanted Liriano to be a closer for this team. Ha!
- The White Sox over the Blue Jays: Buehrle has to have a good game some time.
- The Brewers over the Diamondbacks: Jackson has been horrific for the D-backs. Gallardo has been the Brewers best pitcher and their best hitter.
- The Bay Rays over the Athletics: Price versus Gonzalez. The Bay Rays have been unstoppable.
- The Mariners over the Angels: Weaver will have to be near perfect to beat King Felix.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Going with an upset victory of Rogers over Kuroda. Don't you always sing: du du du du My Kuroda, whenever you hear that name? Maybe the Fan is just a freak.
Games of the Day: 12-9