Okay, with pail in hand and sleeves rolled up, let's tackle Saturday's picks:
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Chico will not be the man for the Nationals and Josh Johnson will be for the Marlins.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Verlander got April out of the way. Now he can have fun the rest of the season.
- The Giants over the Mets: Don't know what to make of Mr. Santana for the Mets. Will pick the Giants and Wellemeyer until it can be figured out.
- The Twins over the Orioles: Same pick as yesterday. Liriano over Millwood.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Medlan? Nope. Going with Blanton and the Phillies.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Sabathia should get the job done providing the Yankees can score four runs against Buchholz. No easy task.
- The Bay Rays over the Athletics: Sheets just doesn't look good. Wade Davis looked great last time out.
- The Padres over the Astros: Garland continues his improbable strikeout run.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Garcia over Karstens? Well, heck yeah. These picks seem too easy so far. Yikes!
- The Blue Jays over the White Sox: Made the mistake of picking against the Blue Jays yesterday. Won't make the same mistake today. Cecil wins.
- The Rangers over the Royals: Harden versus Meche. It's scary today with all these obvious picks.
- The Brewers over the Diamondbacks: Wolf. Got to go with Wolf.
- The Twins over the Orioles: Baker makes it a very long day for the Orioles. Poor guys.
- The Mariners over the Angels: Fister has been really good. Saunders, not so much.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Especially if Chacin pitches like last time.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Cubs over the Reds: Mr. Castro had quite a debut yesterday, eh?
Games of the Day: 12-10