It's funny how a night like that can whisk away all confidence. But the picks must go on. Hopefully, Sunday will be a bit more successful. It couldn't be much more unsuccessful.
- The Twins over the Indians: Perhaps it would be nice is Liriano would have another powerful game today.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Verlander is so overdue for a powerful performance and a win that it's overripe and sitting in a big pear tree.
- The Yankees over the White Sox: This pick doesn't feel very good with Hughes versus Buehrle. But dang, it's the right pick.
- The Blue Jays over the Athletics: Hopefully, this pick won't be three Ben Sheets to the wind. Marcum should out pitch him.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The darn Marlins are about as predictable as Mrs. Palin. Josh Johnson is a good pick today though.
- The Braves over the Astros: Derek Lowe is not a solid pick, but the Braves have picked it up of late at the dish.
- The Orioles over the Red Sox: What a lousy pick this is. Which Beckett will show up tonight? Which Millwood? Which to choose?
- The Royals over the Bay Rays: If Greinke is Greinke and can get some relief pitching, the Royals could actually sweep this series.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: If I were a Carpenter and you were a lady, would you marry me anyway, would you hit my curveball?
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: How bad can a picker be shaken up when he picks Gorzelanny to win?
- The Padres over the Brewers: Garland struck out 10 last time out. How did that happen? Can he pitch well two times in a row?
- The Giants over the Rockies: Why can't the Rockies ever start a season well? They are like the Teixeira of teams.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Great match up of Fister versus Wilson. Both have sub-2 ERAs. But the Mariners have a really bad hitting team.
- The Mets over the Phillies: Will take Santana over Moyer just about every time.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Dodgers over the Pirates: Karstens? For the Pirates? No way they win.
Yesterday: 4-11 uuuuggggly
Games of the Day: 8-8