Another Tuesday, another full slate of games:
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Cubs are red hot and Dempster has been real good. A bad combination for the Pirates.
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: Great match up of Wainwright versus Hamels. Think Wainwright is the better pitcher.
- The Nationals over the Braves: The more Livan starts, the more of a quandry this picker gets into. When will he finally get hit like normal? Going to say it won't be this game.
- The Blue Jays over the Indians: Should have picked the Blue Jays yesterday. Will not make the same mistake today as Romero gets the nod over Westbrook.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Burnett gets to pitch to Cervelli as Posada has a bad calf. That bodes well for the Yankees even though Matusz is pitching for Baltimore.
- The Mets over the Reds: Ike Davis will hit a homer off of Arroyo and Maine looked much better last time out.
- The Giants over the Marlins: Sanchez has been pretty good for the Marlins, but Lincecum is pitching for the Giants.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: Lester has been rounding into form. It was interesting to see that David Ortiz did not make an appearance at all last night. The signs are on the wall, folks.
- The Astros over the Diamondbacks: The Fan roots of Ian Kennedy, but Oswalt gets the nod and the win.
- The Tigers over the Twins: This same pick yesterday went real sour, but Willis should baffle the Mauer-less Twins long enough for the Tigers to whack Blackburn around some.
- The White Sox over the Royals: As much as the Fan likes Hochever, let's face it, if Greinke can't win, then Hochever can't either.
- The Padres over the Rockies: LeBlanc has an ERA of 0.52. Smith's is over 7. What should that tell you?
- The Dodgers over the Brewers: Kershaw has been pitching a little deeper into games. Narveson goes for the Brewers.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: Shields versus Vargas. The Bay Rays are just too good a team to lose this one.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Feldman was much better his last time out and Mazzaro is making his first start of the year for the Athletics. The Rangers are starting their push to the top.
Games of the Day: 10-8