The scheduling has been different this year. Mondays and Thursdays have had a fairly full slate of games so far. Today is no different. Here's what they look like:
- The Phillies over the Cardinals: How can anyone pick against Halladay? Of course, that obvious pick is scary as heck.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: This picker never picks against the Cubs when Randy Wells is pitching. Burres for the Pirates makes this even easier to do that.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Scott Olsen is a tall lefty with a lot of talent. But his concentration skills have never been good. Don't see two good performances in a row for him. But Heyward will be out for the Braves after injuring his groin.
- The Giants over the Marlins: The Marlins continue to be a mystery to this picker. Will probably get this one wrong again too. Nolasco goes against Cain in a good match up. Who knows...
- The Red Sox over the Angels: Kazmir versus Matsuzaka seems like an Angel win, but the Red Sox are heating up and will out slug the Angels in a high scoring contest.
- The Rangers over the Royals: Davies was pretty good last night and Harrison has never really been good for the Rangers. But we are talking the Royals here.
- The Twins over the Orioles: Pavano over Bergesen easily. Have the Orioles has the toughest schedule in baseball? The poor schmucks are always playing the top teams.
- The Blue Jays over the White Sox: Danks hasn't been very good. Eveland needs to go deeper into games, but the Blue Jays should win.
- The Brewers over the Dodgers. Bush goes for the Brewers. Normally that would be a bad thing. But the Dodgers counter with Ely. Who?
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: The Bay Rays have had a pretty cushy schedule so far. The Mariners are as cushy as they get.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Diamondbacks over the Astros: Hate to think of Wandy losing again, but he hasn't been nearly as sharp as last year. Plus, he's matched up against Haren.
Games of the Day: 11-9