Monday has a pretty good schedule of games. Let's keep the ball rolling:
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: Garcia should be better than Hamels and the Cardinals need to dominate this series.
- The Indians over the Blue Jays: Two good young pitchers in Talbot versus Cecil. Talbot has been lights out so far.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Rematch of Sabathia versus Guthrie. Will turn out the same way as the first one. And Teixeira is starting to hit.
- The Reds over the Mets: Still riding the Leake bandwagon, especially since Perez is going for the Mets and the bullpen has already had to cover a lot of innings over the weekend.
- The Red Sox over the Angels: The Red Sox just got swept by the Orioles [snicker]. But Buchholz has been their best pitcher thus far.
- The Diamondbacks over the Astros: The Astros had a miserable weekend. It won't get any better on Monday.
- The Royals over the White Sox: In the upset of the day, Gil (ga) Meche pitches his first good game of the year. Peavy does too, but the Royals come out on top.
- The Tigers over the Twins: No Mauer. Baker hasn't been sharp. The Tigers have been hot. Tigers.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Harden pitches a gem and Braden yells at Vlad Guerrero for trotting too slow on his home run. But Vlad can't run anymore and that's as fast as he can go.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Rockies over the Padres: Ubaldo is the new king. It's King Ubaldo the First.
Games of the Day: 9-8 You still out there, Kryss?