But the Fan lives for the ride. So let's see what Friday looks like:
- The Angels over the Cubs: The Fan wants to pick Carlos Silva to win. The Fan doesn't believe in Kazmire. But once in a while, all the right reasons lead to the wrong conclusion.
- The Tigers over the Diamondbacks: Galarraga should beat the Diamondbacks who are in a serious tailspin.
- The Yankees over the Mets: Takahashi could give the Yankees fits. But Vazquez should be better.
- The Indians over the Pirates: The Pirates are in one of those stretches where it doesn't seem they will ever win another game.
- The Twins over the Phillies: Man, the Phillies have a tough stretch of schedule. Blanton starts for the the Phils and he sure hasn't been good lately.
- The Nationals over the White Sox: Can't see the White Sox hitting Strasburg. The White Sox are starting their best pitching prospect taking Peavy's turn.
- The Giants over the Blue Jays: Zito should keep the Giants at bay long enough for the Giants to get to Morrow or the reliever that takes his place.
- The Red Sox over the Dodgers: What a tough game to pick. Two young pitchers. Manny returns to Boston. Impossible to know what will happen.
- The Braves over the Royals: Bannister and Lowe are both not picnics to count on, but the Braves are playing really well.
- The Rangers over the Astros: Feldman is starting to figure it out. Wandy is still lost.
- The Cardinals over the Athletics: Carpenter should beat Mazzaro. The Cards have to start hitting sooner or later.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: The Rockies sure are spinning their wheels. The Brewers' wheels fell off a long time ago. But they should win this one.
- The Orioles over the Padres: Matusz is too good a talent to not shine through sooner or later.
- The Mariners over the Reds: Lee should out pitch Cueto. The question is if the Mariners will score enough to win.
And the Game of the Day
- The Bay Rays over the Marlins: Garza should be better than Robertson.
Games of the Day: 30-30