Saturday is another day to ride the tiger (and probably the Tigers) so here we go:
- The Yankees over the Mets: Everything here points to a Mets' win. Their best pitcher is pitching. The Yankees aren't scoring. Ah, but the Yankees have one secret weapon: Phil Hughes.
- The Cubs over the Angels: Think Lilly will shut down the Angels while the Cubs with a suddenly hot Lee, catch up with Weaver.
- The Giants over the Blue Jays: Cain has been really good lately. The Jays counter with Litsch, who did not do very good in his first start of the year.
- The Red Sox over the Dodgers: Just can't pick against the Red Sox these days. Plus, Padilla is starting and pitchers coming back from the DL are always dicey.
- The Phillies over the Twins: The Twins are letting the Tigers catch up so we can have a race.
- The Nationals over the White Sox: The Nats haven't won a game in forever and are due. Peavy is supposed to pitch for the White Sox but reports have indicated that he is hurting.
- The Rangers over the Astros: The Rangers have been hitting like crazy since Hamilton got hot.
- The Diamondbacks over the Tigers: Not feeling great about this pick but thinking that Jackson will have a big start.
- The Royals over the Braves: Thinking that Greinke will build on his last outing, which was very good.
- The Bay Rays over the Marlins: Niemann has been pretty unbeatable lately.
- The Cardinals over the Athletics: Wainwright should be better than Sheets.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: Francis is good, but the Brewers play different when Gallardo pitches.
- The Padres over the Orioles: Richard over Millwood.
- The Mariners over the Reds: The Reds face the Mariners' King Felix while the Reds feature a pitcher that hasn't been LeCure for anything.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Indians over the Pirates: Those poor Pirates...
Games of the Day: 30-31 For Pete's Sake!