But the good news is that the stone had passed from the kidney and is sitting in the bladder waiting for the right moment to be birthed and cast out of the body. And, the instruction to take it easy also means that there is nothing standing in the way of enjoying a full slate of baseball games.
Here are Sunday's picks:
- The Nationals over the Indians: Strasburg still seems like a shaky pick. After all, he's made one fantastic start in his brief career. But Huff hasn't been pitching well at all. So be it.
- The Tigers over the Pirates: The Pirates were leading the entire game on Saturday only to lose it at the end. That's as close as they will get to winning a game in this series. Galarraga over Karstens.
- The Yankees over the Astros: Phil Hughes will beat Moehler. The Yankees can smell the top spot in the AL East after trailing Tampa all year.
- The Royals over the Reds: This is the day that Greinke will get his first win of the year. The scales are tipped since Carlos Silva lost his first game of the season (even though he pitched great again).
- The Mets over the Orioles: The Orioles are now 22 games out of first place. Can you imagine just how far away that is? Pelfrey gets the win.
- The Red Sox over the Phillies: The Phillies haven't hit a knuckleballer all year. Today will continue that trend.
- The Bay Rays over the Marlins: This has been a great series so far with lots of drama and offense.
- The Twins over the Braves: Slowey will shut the Braves down long enough for the Twins to get to Medlan.
- The Rangers over the Brewers: The Fan feels bad about being heartless, but Macha just has to get fired. He just has to.
- The Rockies over the Blue Jays: Just can't feel good about Jesse Litsch's first start of the year. Francis will win.
- The Mariners over the Padres: This is another manager death watch. But King Felix will shut the Padres down.
- The Giants over the Athletics: Matt Cain has been sublime of late. Mazzaro was good last time out, but Cain will out pitch him.
- The Cardinals over the Diamondbacks: If I were a Carpenter, and you were an Addy, would you carry me anyway, would you have my shut out.
- The Dodgers over the Angels: The Angels have had their way with the Dodgers all series. The Dodgers need to win this one.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Cubs over the White Sox: Lilly over Floyd.
Last Week: 56-41
Games of the Day: 28-29 - Why oh why can't the Fan get this feature over .500?