Lots of interesting games on Friday. Let's take a look:
- The Reds over the Cubs: The Fan has gotten burnt by picking against Gorzelanny. But he's also been burnt by picking against Arroyo. The solution is to go with the better team.
- The Twins over the Indians: A tough game to gauge as Liriano has been terrific but so has this new kid, Gomez. Again, when the pitching seems to cancel itself out, go with the better team.
- The Rockies over the Pirates: The Rockies can't lose two of these games in a row can they? Hope not.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Verlander versus Weaver in a good match up. Like the match ups better in the Tigers' favor.
- The Cardinals over the Marlins: Nolasco is good but Wainwright is really good.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: After a rough start, Vazquez has been solid for the Yankees.
- The Braves over the Giants: The Braves don't lose at home and Barry Zito won't change that as he gets MMMBopped by Hanson.
- The White Sox over the Orioles: Danks should beat Bergesen and Showalter is not THIS good.
- The Mets over the Phillies: Niese was banged around his last start, but the Fan still likes him over Blanton.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Cecil really tied the Bay Rays in knots last time and the Fan figures he can do it again.
- The Astros over the Brewers: Wandy is back in all his glory! Watch him shine.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Was going to pick Braden and the A's until seeing that Lee was pitching for Texas. Jack Cust has struck out nine of his last eleven at bats.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: This Hudson kid was great his last time out. Garland is unpredictable.
- The Dodgers over the Nationals: Kershaw should be miles ahead of Lannon and the Dodgers are at home.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Royals over the Mariners: Greinke should roll easily in this one.
Games of the Day: 58-48