- The White Sox over the Tigers: If the Tigers lose, they go under .500. Sad. Buehrle should get the win.
- The Reds over the Pirates: This pick is bothersome. Maholm shut out the Reds for seven innings last time out. But the clincher then is that he still didn't get the win because his team can't score.
- The Orioles over the Angels: Guthrie is better than Bell. Not too many times the Fan has typed that all year.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: Isn't it sad that the Fan would rather pick Torres, a complete unknown making his debut than Bonderman?
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: It's a crazy pick with Moseley, but he's looked good even if it doesn't make any sense.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Halladay should have no problems. The Marlins are featuring young West making his debut.
- The Braves over the Mets: Dickey and Lowe seem to cancel each other out. But the Braves are nearly unbeatable at home.
- The Twins over the Bay Rays: Seriously, this must be wishful thinking. But Duensing has been great so far.
- The Red Sox over the Indians: Even without Youkilis, the Red Sox should win.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Thomas Diamond makes his debut for the Cubs. He's a big power pitcher who should do well if he doesn't walk too many. He only has to beat Narveson.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Norris has been pitching better, but Garcia is 9-4 with a ridiculously good ERA.
- The Rockies over the Giants: The Rockies are good at home. Cook is due for a good game. Sanchez is inconsistent.
- The Diamondbacks over the Nationals: The Fan made fun of Scott Olsen last time and he won. The Fan has made fun of Saunders forever. So karma has to be for Saunders.
- The Athletics over the Royals: Mazzaro should have no problem beating Davies. The A's could finish in second place.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: The Dodgers start Lilly but it's too late. Latos will still win.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rangers over the Mariners. Will take Lewis over Vargas simply because the Rangers can hit and the Mariners cannot.
Games of the Day: 57-46