Well, the great thing about baseball is there is always a tomorrow. The Fan his hoping for a big day to put the week's picks over the top and out of mind:
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Brad Mills is a really scary pick, but the Blue Jays seem up to beating the Bay Rays again.
- The Pirates over the Rockies: Ohlendorf has to be the best 1-9 pitcher in baseball.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Getting Harden was like making a great trade. Gonzalez has been real good lately for the A's but the Rangers will win.
- The Mets over the Phillies: Going with Santana over Hamels.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: The Yankees looked flat yesterday. But give Sabathia the "W" over Lackey.
- The Braves over the Giants: Hudson over Cain and the Braves are really good at home. Yeah, the Fan said that yesterday too.
- The White Sox over the Orioles: Okay, this giddiness has to stop sooner or later.
- The Marlins over the Cardinals: Josh Johnson should be better than Westbrook.
- The Twins over the Indians: Pavano versus Carmona. Hope not to get Pavanoed again.
- The Astros over the Brewers: Myers has been really good and Randy Wolf hasn't been.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Not liking the Bonderman pick but are the Angels really sending Kazmir out there?
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: Richard should take care of Rodrigo Lopez and the D-Backs.
- The Mariners over the Royals: Don't think Greinke's comments are sitting well with his teammates, especially after his awful pitching yesterday. Not a good situation here.
- The Dodgers over the Nationals: Would like to go with Livan, but think that Kuroda and the Dodgers will come out on top.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Reds over the Cubs: The Reds are really good and it still is very hard to believe. Volquez over Wells.
Games of the Day: 58-49