And if things haven't been tough enough already, now we have to figure out interleague play. Great!
- The Braves over the Pirates: The two National League extra teams who won't be switching leagues this weekend.
- The Reds over the Indians: Arroyo has been great lately and will beat Westbrook.
- The Red Sox over the Phillies: Lackey over Hamels. The Red Sox are hot all of the sudden.
- The Orioles over the Nationals: The Orioles are just glad to be playing somebody different.
- The Bay Rays over the Astros: The Bay Rays who have already won a gazillion games get Houston in the first round of interleague? Who made this schedule?
- The Rangers over the Cubs: The sad thing is that the Cubs can use the DH and have nobody good enough to hit there.
- The Marlins over the White Sox: Nolasco will be too tough for the White Sox. Poor Buehrle can't buy a win.
- The Twins over the Brewers: Blackburn may mean heartburn, but goes against Bush as in league.
- The Royals over the Rockies: The Royals keep enjoying their Ned Yost honeymoon.
- The Angels over the Cardinals: Pineiro versus Penny. Can you say, motivation?
- The Diamondbacks over the Blue Jays: Just can't trust Morrow to throw enough strikes.
- The Athletics over the Giants: Betting that the A's with an extra hitter in the line up will get to Zito.
- The Dodgers over the Tigers: The Dodgers are hot. The Dodgers get Dontrelle Willis. Look out.
- The Mariners over the Padres: Lee outduels LeBlanc.
And the GAME of the DAY
- The Yankees over the Mets: Vazquez pitches against the National League where he seems better suited. The Mets counter with a guy who has been (successfully) relieving all year, which means the bullpen will be taxed early.
Yesterday: 4-11 Woe unto the lonely picker
Week: 32-44 more woe
Month: 136-139 the indignities of it all
Season: 336-264 [sigh]
Games of the Day: 16-18