Wednesday will feature yet another chapter in the Red Sox - Yankees saga along with a full slate of games. Here we go:
- The Reds over the Brewers: The Reds are a team worth studying. Stay tuned because it is time. The Brewers are floundering. Parra is starting tonight which isn't helpful and thus part of the problem.
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: The Blue Jays are better than most teams. They aren't better than Minnesota. Pavano over Marcum.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: This is one of those games where your mind plays tricks on you. Garcia has been picked against a half dozen times and won most of them. Porcello seems to be struggling. Flip it. Flip it good.
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: The outcome seems obvious in this one. Josh Johnson against Billy Buckner, making his first start of 2010. So then why is the obvious so scary?
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: Price versus Huff? Forgettaboutit.
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Halladay. Yes. So many obvious picks so far. Frightening.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Beckett will put it together some time. But it might not matter up against Sabathia.
- The Mets over the Braves: Giving the pick to Johan Santana, which hasn't been as easy to do as in the past.
- The Rockies over the Cubs: Oh dear...what to do. Chacin was brilliant for two starts and rather unbrilliant last time. Carlos Silva has been a huge surprise, but each game seems to get less and less effective.
- The Angels over the Rangers: Weaver has been really good. He'll be the difference.
- The Cardinals over the Nationals: The Nationals are coming to earth a bit. Facing Carpenter won't help.
- The Padres over the Giants: Good match up with Latos versus Sanchez. Going with Latos who throws more strikes.
- The Mariners over the Athletics: Can't figure out what's wrong with King Feliz, but he should beat Sheets.
- The Astros over the Dodgers: Still saying this winning streak has to end some time.
And the GAME OF THE DAY!
- The Royals over the Orioles: Greinke versus Millwood. In a vacuum-sealed, perfect world, the Royals should win.
Yesterday: 9-5 (a game was rained out)
Games of the Day: 16-15