Come on Sunday. Come ON! Help the Fan out here:
- The Red Sox over the Tigers: Apparently the Fan doesn't learn his lessons very well. Lackey versus Galerraga. Should be a hit festival with the Red Sox coming out ahead. Austin Jackson has hit the inevitable speed bump lately.
- The Yankees over the Twins: Why is Mitre starting? But in either case, the Twins seem completely stymied at Yankee Stadium.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: The Fan keeps picking against the Blue Jays and they keep winning. The law of averages says...
- The Marlins over the Mets: Niese has been nice but with Nolasco, the Mets will say, "uncle."
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Arroyo was brilliant against the Pirates last time out. The Cardinals are not the Pirates.
- The Diamondbacks over the Braves: The Braves are confusing. Can't figure them out. Perhaps Mr. Haran will.
- The Indians over the Orioles: Okay, Orioles. Stop playing with the Fan. His mind is getting fried.
- The Mariners over the Bay Rays: Classic pitcher's duel with Lee versus Garza. Both are ace-calibre pitchers. One of them has to win.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Ned Yost is no better than Hillman. Hochever was great for six innings. But Yost let him pitch seven innings. Ball game.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: The Cubs can't beat the Pirates. They just can't.
- The Nationals over the Rockies: Rule #1 states that you never pick a pitcher making his first start off the disabled list. Francis makes his first start of the year for the Rockies.
- The A's over the Angels: Mr. Cahill has been superb lately.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: The Dodgers are starting to come on. Billingsley will build on what has started to become a good season for him.
- The Giants over the Astros: The Astros hit Zito pretty good. But don't think it will be enough.
And in the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Can't in a million years see the Brewers winning this game.
Yesterday: 8-8 [sigh]
Week: 47-43 [another sigh]
Month: 104-97 [groan]
Season: 304-222 [thank goodness for April]
Games of the Day: 14-15 finally got a win here yesterday