And so now May is a collective two games over .500. A struggling month suddenly became an American League West type month. Frankly, it's embarrassing. But just like in life, the Fan is no quitter. Nosiree Bob. What a stupid expression that is. Nosiree Bob. Has bloggage sunk to that level? But no, the Fan isn't a quitter. So even though "Quitter" rhymes with where this month has gone so far, another day of picks is beckoning. And so, like a Bob Segar (Nosiree Bob) song, let's turn the page:
- The Phillies over the Pirates: If the Phillies can't beat Pittsburgh, the Fan quits. What's the use?
- The Orioles over the Royals: Bergesen has had three really good starts in a row.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: The more the Fan makes fun of Freddie Garcia, the more he wins. Crying Uncle.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Hughes has been seriously good. He faces Dice-K.
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: The Fan keeps picking against the Blue Jays. Maybe it's a subliminal thing trying to get them to keep winning to stay ahead of Boston?
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: The Marlins. How confusing. No team in baseball is as confusing.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Cueto? Can he have two games that are great in a row? Is it really possible?
- The Mets over the Braves: But only because of Pelfrey.
- The Bay Rays over Cleveland: Have the Rays played any good teams at all this year?
- The Cubs over the Rockies: One last desperate gasp for Randy Wells. Come on guy!
- The Rangers over the Angels: The Rangers sure are picking a funny way to try to win a division. Holland is pitching.
- The Nationals over the Cardinals: Oh what the heck. Stammen might beat Lohse. It could happen.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Just can't pick Rowland-Smith to win a game. He may be a nice guy and all...but...
- The Astros over the Dodgers: The law of averages say a winning streak has to end some time. Wandy might be the guy to do it.
And the GAME OF THE DAY
- The Giants over the Padres: The Padres' bats have gone to sleep again.
Yesterday: Does the Fan really have to post it? Oh. Okay. 5-10
Week: 5-10: Sucks that the Fan has to type that twice.
Games of the Day: 15-15