Yesterday was the first day this picker has finished in the red in the last ten days, so it was probably due. The Fan can blame it on the two rain outs that postponed two of the games. Those games could have made the difference. Or they could have made it worse. And dang it all, the stupid Game of the Day feature blew up again. The pick was the Tigers and if you follow along, you know how well that pick worked out. In retrospect, the Fan now realizes that Kenny Williams just pulled a motivational ploy. By saying these guys stink and it's time to trade a bunch of them, Williams motivated them to hit like they hadn't hit all year. Hmm. Good strategy. The Fan also didn't see the Red Sox getting shut out by Masterson while Buchholz got whacked around. Actually, Buchholz wasn't bad. It was the two pitchers after him: Oof...err...Boof Bonser and Mr. Nelson gave up eight runs between them. Ouch.
Oh well. Thursday is another day. The Fan can't quite figure out the schedule this year. For the past couple of years it seemed like Mondays and Thursdays featured about five games each. This year, there are always lots of games. Are the teams getting less days off? There are fifteen games today. Weird. Here's the predictions:
- The Reds over the Giants: Leake still hasn't leaked and the Reds shouldn't have to worry about Wellemeyer.
- The Padres over the Mets: Still think Latos will beat Santana in this make up game.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: The Tigers better start winning or they will become irrelevant.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Speaking of irrelevant, these two teams aren't going anywhere fast.
- The Astros over the Rockies: The Rockies can't seem to beat the Astros for some reason. Oswalt will give them another one.
- The Athletics over the Angels: The Fan is beginning to understand that all these picks against the Angels are wishful thinking.
- The Braves over the Diamondbacks: Hanson should beat Willis who still walks too many guys.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: Still have this as an upset with Johnson and the Fish over Halladay and the Phillies.
- The Nationals over the Pirates: Quick quiz: Which team has a larger negative run differential: The Orioles or the Pirates? The Pirates.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Burnett over some guy named Arrieta. Dor me vue. Dor me vue.
- The Indians over the Red Sox: Oh, what the heck. Talbot out pitches Lester.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Cecil has been great lately. Wade Davis has not been.
- The Padres over the Mets: In a day/night double header sweep, Garland beats Niese.
- The Twins over the Royals: Baker versus Chen. Yeah, Chen was decent his last time out, but...
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Hunter should easily beat Rowland-Smith.
Games of the Freakin Day: 26-28