The Fan should be afraid because with Friday, we go back to all night games:
- The Phillies over the Reds: The Phillies showed last night that they aren't dead. They still have weapons. And those weapons will get to Leake and Blanton will hold the Reds down.
- The Nationals over the Giants: Going with Strasburg over Cain. Okay, those first two picks are scary already.
- The Tigers over the Twins: Being scientific on this one. Verlander has a 4.06 ERA lifetime versus the Twins. Liriano has a 4.41 ERA versus the Tigers for his career. Edge, Tigers at home.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Lester versus Romano is a good match up. But the Blue Jays are better at home than the Red Sox, who are depleted, are on the road.
- The Mets over the Braves: The Braves aren't good on the road. The Mets are good at home. Hanson has been erratic. Dickey is Dickey.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Just what the slumping Cardinals need. Wainwright wins his 13th.
- The Orioles over the Rangers: Matusz has been very good lately. Feldman can't seem to find his sinker.
- The Pirates over the Brewers: Doug Davis has been really awful. Maholm is only occasionally awful.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Gut says Royals, but the head says White Sox. Hope Buehrle is on his game.
- The Rockies over the Padres: De La Rosa versus Correia. The Rockies are only three back now. This is their big chance.
- The Diamondbacks over the Marlins: The Marlins are playing terribly. Haran should shut the door for the D-Backs.
- The Angels over the Athletics: Pineiro versus Mazzaro in a good match up. Toss up.
- The Dodgers over the Cubs: Hard to pick against the Dodgers at home, especially against the Cubs. Lilly was banged around last time. Billingsley was good his last time out.
- The Mariners over the Yankees: Cliff Lee owns the Yankees. Simply owns them. Posada will continue to ruin Hughes.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: Shields over Carmona. Shouldn't be close.
Games of the Day: 42-39