Okay, got that out of the system. Now for Wednesday's picks:
- The Braves over the Phillies: Medlan over Moyer in the all alliterative match up. Moyer might be twice Medlan's age!
- The Padres over the Nationals: Garland should beat Martin. What would the Nationals do without Livan?
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Scherzer over Bergesen. Those poor Orioles...
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: Slowey over Rzepczynski, making his season debut from the minors. If that guy becomes a regular major leaguer, it's going to be tough to learn how to spell that name.
- The Mets over the Reds: Arroyo is on a roll, but so is Niese. If the two pitchers cancel themselves out, go with the home team and the Mets are really good at home.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: The Red Sox are like last year's Mets. Talk about a series of bad breaks (literally). And last night, Youkilis went lame.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Going with McCutchen to pitch better than Moehler. Heaven help us.
- The Rangers over the Indians: The Rangers are firing on all cylinders. Awesome to watch.
- The Giants over the Brewers: Lincecum isn't the lock that he was, but Santana came through last night, so continuing with the aces.
- The Angels over the White Sox: In an un-classic match up, it's Saunders versus Garcia. Ugh.
- The Yankees over the Athletics: Was going to pick the A's, but then remembered that Cervelli is probably going to catch Burnett, which at least gives them a better chance.
- The Cardinals over the Rockies: Last night's theatrics were last night. Garcia shuts them down.
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: One of these bad teams has to win. Going with Dempster here.
- The Mariners over the Royals: Going with Fister who is consistently good, over Davies who has been great and terrible.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: Josh Johnson blows the Dodgers into the Ethier.
Games of the Day: 40-39