So that brings the Fan to today. The Marlins and Yankees both had to leave the east coast and both play in California without a day of rest. How will that affect them? The Braves have their most ineffective pitcher pitching against the great Halladay. But the Phillies can't hit. What does the Fan do? Oh heck. Talking about it won't help. Might as well just plunge in:
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Millwood can give you a decent game. Oliver is a complete mystery starting for the Tigers. Who the heck knows...
- The Giants over the Brewers: Sanchez over Bush. Another pick fraught with danger.
- The Diamondbacks over the Cubs: Gorzelanny? Ian Kennedy? The Cubs offense? Crap.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Halladay better hope the Phillies score a few off Lowe.
- The White Sox over the Angels: Kazmir? Is it possible for him to pitch good? Floyd? Geez.
- The Mets over the Reds: The Reds are killing the Fan. But Pelfrey is better than Harang. Ugh.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: The Bay Rays seem to be over their funk. Garza should be good. But this is the Red Sox...
- The Rangers over the Indians: A known Laffey who hasn't been good against an unknown Beltre. What to do? Go with the better team.
- The Dodgers over the Marlins: The long flight over the country will hurt the Marlins. Ely should win.
- The Yankees over the Athletics: Same long flight, but the Yankees should squeak by with Vazquez, especially with Posada hurt.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Mariners over the Royals: King Felix was unhittable last time out.
Yesterday: 5-10 golly...
Week: 5-10 must that be typed twice?
Month: 25-31 embarrassing
Games of the Day: 39-38 fifth straight loss