But the show must go on. Some wise person said that courage wasn't the lack of fear, it was performing in spite of it. With that in mind, here is Tuesday:
- The Braves over the Phillies: Okay, the Braves couldn't beat Halladay. But they should beat Hamels, especially if Jurrjens throws well.
- The Padres over the Nationals: Richard and company should squeak by Livan and his company.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Giving Galarraga and the red hot Tigers the nod here.
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: Pavano gives the Fan indigestion, but he'll probably beat Litsch.
- The Mets over the Reds: No match ups have been announced that the Fan could find, but it is Santana's turn. So we'll see.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: Stupid BallHype still lists Buchholz. Uh, hello? Niemann should take care of Doubront or whatever his name is.
- The Astros over the Pirates: Two awful teams. The difference will be Wandy Rodriguez who is starting to pitch better.
- The Rangers over the Indians: The Indians are playing better but the Rangers should take this one.
- The Giants over the Brewers: The Giants are now only two games over .500. But Bumgarner is poised for a good game.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Good match up with Weaver versus Peavy. Peavy has been hot, but Weaver is hotter.
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: Francis should be better than Hawksworth. But not by much.
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: Those darn Cubs continue to break the Fan's back. Silva versus Enright. Enright was good his first start. But Silva has been good all year. arrrggggghhh!
- The Yankees over the Athletics: Sabathia should out duel Cahill in a really good match up.
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: Volstad should be better than Padilla and the Marlins do play better on the road in front of people.
And the Game of the Day
- The Royals over the Mariners: Can you believe it? The Fan is so desperate for a win here he's going with Greinke over Bedard making his season debut.
Games of the Day: 39-39