There are 12 games on the schedule today, which is pretty good for a getaway day. Five of the games are day games. The Fan loves day games. Here is how the games look:
- The Astros over the Pirates: Once again, the Fan really wants to pick Ohlendorf, but will go with Oswalt instead due to the Pirates lack of offense.
- The White Sox over the Angels: There is no stopping Ozzie and the gang. Danks over Santana.
- The Giants over the Brewers: The Brewers have lost four straight. Today will make it five.
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: Carpenter versus Ubaldo in what should be a good match up. But both pitchers have been roughed up a bit in their last three starts.
- The Reds over the Phillies: Normally, this pick would look foolish, but not now with the way the Phillies are going.
- The Padres over the Nationals: Latos has been remarkable in his last ten starts. Should be no different here.
- The Twins over the Blue Jays: Didn't think the Blue Jays would win last night and they did. Don't think they will tonight. Will history repeat itself?
- The Indians over the Bay Rays: The Indians will take advantage of an unsuspecting team flush from two victories over the Red Sox. Plus Wade Davis goes for the Rays.
- The Rangers over the Orioles: Hunter has been great. The Rangers have been great. The Orioles are the Orioles. Enough said.
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: The Marlins love playing on the road because they actually get an audience. Uggla is red hot.
- The Cubs over the Dodgers: The Dodgers look a bit flat. The Cubs actually have a bit of momentum. Plus Wells has been doing well.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Pettitte versus Vargas. Teixeira and A-Rod back to normal. Oh yeah. This one should be a lock.
Games of the Day: 41-39