The Cubs seem to be the symbol of this current streak. They taunt the Fan and tease him. Let's face it, the Cubs are lousy and need a face lift. But what the heck! When they are picked to win, they lose. When they are picked to lose, they win. It's enough to drive you crazy.
Well, July 4th is here with a full Sunday of games. The Fan expects nothing but fireworks!
- The Indians over the Athletics: Mazzaro has two straight quality starts, but in the last one, he walked six batters. Carmona can be great or can also be awful. Awful pick.
- The Mariners over the Tigers: Cliff Lee has been unbeatable for two months now.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Morrow has really come on in the past month and a half. Phil Hughes has struggled since Posada got back behind the plate.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Have no faith in Takahashi, but then again, the Mets are a better team.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: The Red Sox sure look hard to beat these days.
- The Bay Rays over the Twins: Shields is more consistent than Blackburn.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Gallardo out duels Wainwright and gets a hit or two in the process.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Lilly should be the favorite over Leake. But that will probably be wrong again.
- The Giants over the Rockies: Cain over Hammel
- The Astros over the Padres: LeBlanc is the hard luck loser for the Padres. Myers is a fighter.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: Simply feel that Haran has a better chance to pitch well than Billingsley does.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Hudson is awesome this year. The Marlins only chance is a shutout by Nolasco.
- The White Sox over the Rangers: Feldman has lost his sinker and is not pitching well at all. Sad.
- The Angels over the Royals: Pineiro should have no trouble here.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Blanton over Karstens. Funny how some teams keep throwing a pitcher up there over and over who has no chance to win.
Last Week: 45-52
Games of the Day: 39-37